From the board to the barn, CTRA runs on volunteer power. We are always looking for new members to join the team.
Even though most of our volunteers come to CTRA with a desire to share their love of horses with others, you don’t have to be a “horsey” person to volunteer at CTRA. You don’t even need to be around a horse to help out. If you are new to horses but can’t wait to get your hands dirty we will provide you with all the training you need to have you horsing around in no time.
Volunteer opportunities include:
- Side-walking and horse handling - "hands on" assistance helping participants interact with our therapy horses
- Barn chores/horse grooming - grab a shovel or a brush and join us in the barn!
- Fundraising events/initiatives - we can always use a hand at our used tack store or our events
- Administrative work - CTRA is a busy place; office help is always needed
- Committees/Board of Directors - your unique skills and experience are invaluable to our governance. Consider sitting on a committee or joining our Board of Directors.
Contact us today to learn more about getting involved!